TOPIC: Thoughts regarding the Thrustmaster Warthog so far.

Re: Thoughts regarding the Thrustmaster Warthog so far. 6 years 9 months ago #8456

• F16_Neo
BAMP!!!
You still happy with your hogs? Input needed; thinking about upgrade!
Warthog or Saitek, that's the question.
Will get rid of the squeaky worn CH pedals too, annoys woman too much. Will be Simpeds probably.

"Friskt kopplat, hälften brunnet."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Thoughts regarding the Thrustmaster Warthog so far. 6 years 9 months ago #8461

• F16_Matz
My thoughts after a couple of months with the warthog.

+Precision of the stick is the best so far.
-The stick becomes "notchy" unless I grease "the ball" regularly.
+Very good scripting language.
+Software has improved, you can now launch your script from a simple windows shortcut, which means you can use any text editor to create your configurations and never have to start that crappy T.A.R.G.E.T thing.
-I'm still using my cougar throttle because I don't like the croddy microstick and the missing rotaries on the warthog throttle (cougar has two rotaries, warthog only one and it's not on the handle). The warthog throttle acts as a glorified switch-panel for now.
-I had to send my throttle to France for repairs after the unit had fried itself (-400 SEK).
~Haven't flown that much lately but my buttons are still too stiff.

I don't know how sturdy the X-52 is, I had a X-45 when it was new and it broke down and got spikes pretty quickly. That's one thing for the Warthog, this stick will last a long time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: F16_Neo, F16_Petter

Re: Thoughts regarding the Thrustmaster Warthog so far. 6 years 9 months ago #8462

• F16_Neo
I'm curious about the X65, anyone tried it? Force sensing seems weird though.
I still use the X52 throttle and the CH Fighterstick, both works fine, but the CH stick has this diagonal springload thing that I never got quite used to.
Lack of analogs on the Hog throttle is a big letdown, since I'm used to 3.

And I will never, ever buy a Logitech stick. I'll rather engineer one myself... :)

"Friskt kopplat, hälften brunnet."
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by F16_Neo.

Re: Thoughts regarding the Thrustmaster Warthog so far. 6 years 9 months ago #8464

• F16_Matz
I believe Helmet has a X65. I've heard both things about that stick, some say you get used to it and other say it's just not practical for prop sims.

Re: Thoughts regarding the Thrustmaster Warthog so far. 6 years 9 months ago #8468

• F16_Petter
I belive the throttle for the cougar is much better, despite it lacks dual throttle and backlighted text.
The stick however is better on the warthog, or at least the base as you can actually put the cougar stick onto the warthog base.

When in hectic dogfights, the throttle of the cougar outperforms the warthog every time, it´s even very ergonomic compared to the warthog throttle that is always uncomfortable nomatter how you install it onto the desk.

Re: Thoughts regarding the Thrustmaster Warthog so far. 6 years 9 months ago #8469

• F19_Helmet
Yep, i have an X65F. My pre stick and throttle was a Cougar.

I am now very used to it and the nonmovable sensorstick and my brain and the x65 via arm is now connected into one single unit ;-)
i can choose how sensitive it shall be and i always use low sensivity = i have to work quite hard to make responce and
that is the key to lure the brain. Muscles and more in the arm are moving a bit sending signals to brain that it does move...even if stick is not. If you catch what i mean...

The throttle is hard but i like the hardness. I more dislike the buttons on far end along the throttle. Ive been thinking about remove them temporarily.

A key to succes for me (having to get rid of my desire to have a Cougar-feeling that means heavy, full metal and so) is that i actually
bolted/screwed it to my desk. Both Stick and Throttle. So i can work as hard as i want, it wont move an mm...

Buttons and rotaries are a bit plastic (that i dont like, but can live with. They react fast and accurate.

And the most important for me about the Stick. Accuracy.
The stick being my weapon for aiming must not be sloppy!! I hated that with my old cougar..

My X65 is VERY accurate.

If i miss anything i can not blame the stick anymore :whistle:

I am satisfied. (but have not been close to or used a WH, so i can not compare).
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds