TOPIC: New toy: Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

New toy: Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals 7 years 2 weeks ago #8627

• F19_Klunk

yep, that's my new toy.
When the mrs buys new shoes for the same amount of dough, I too need to spoil myself to once and awhile

I never did regret getting a set of rudders back in 2003, a set of CH USB pedals, which back then was very expensive.. >2000 SEK if I am not mistaken. They really helped immersion but also made me fly better, even if their nickname "ball crushers" is well deserved (narrow spacing between peds.)

They have been acting up with me for the past few years or so, with pots acting weird. My first thought was to get the Saitek Pro Flight rudders, as they had gotten good reviews and a few of you have them. Then again I didn't really want rudders with "feet rests" so to say..... then I thought of trying to replace the pots in the CHs and give them a few years more... then I tought about Logitechs Hotas that includes rudders, but as I don't need a new stick and the Logis have gotten some poor review concerning spikes and Logitechs unability to fix this issue.... I didn't got for them

Then these showed up early this year. There are not that many reviews and its' more than a 1/3 more expensive than the earlier Saitek..so I was a bit.. unsure... but the other late evening when my CH went more crazy than ever, I orderd them on Webhallen.... got them on Saturday mornning.. and now.. I have to say.. a BIGGGG difference in comparison to my old CH:

They are heavy, metal pedals, thick enduring plastic, sits extremely still on wooden floor due to rubber feet, resistance knob lets you choose how responsiv they should be... I feel they are very... comfortable...

so.. so far I am a happy camper.
ID #4
"We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because? It's obscene!"
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by F19_Klunk.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New toy: Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals 7 years 2 weeks ago #8628

• F19_Humbug
Looks very nice.

If I ever decide to buy rudder pedals I might go with these. For now though I'm in the middle of a guitar purchase (yes, another one, will be my third) so it's not high up on the priority list. I'm content with twist for now.

Re: New toy: Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals 7 years 2 weeks ago #8640

• F16_Ramrod
Looks like a great purchase Klunk!

I hope you get many hours of leg work out of them ;)
SIBA-Fabian och jag har samma sticka.

Re: New toy: Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals 7 years 2 weeks ago #8642

• F19_lacrits
They sure look nice Klunk!
I've been thinking SimPeds.. but I'll add these to the consider list.

For now, as Blues, I'm still a twister ;)

But mum.. Please!

Re: New toy: Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals 7 years 2 weeks ago #8644

• F16_Ramrod
lacrits wrote:
For now, as Blues, I'm still a twister ;)

+1 ;)
SIBA-Fabian och jag har samma sticka.

Re: New toy: Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals 7 years 2 weeks ago #8647

• F16_Neo
Hmm looks nice. Will be those or the Simped F16's, the latter seems to be out of stock though.

"Friskt kopplat, hälften brunnet."
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds