TOPIC: Finally - Enter the Bulldozer (AMDs new CPU)

Finally - Enter the Bulldozer (AMDs new CPU) 6 years 10 months ago #8749

• F19_lacrits
Some of us were waiting for this new CPU from AMD since late winter/early spring this year.. Now it has finally arrived, well overdue and possibly too late to the party. However, for those of you who are interested you will find some reviews on the net now.. Here is a selection of reviews to start off:

One in Swedish:
www.sweclockers.com/recension/14579-amd-...ch-fx-8120-bulldozer

And another in English:
www.anandtech.com/show/4955/the-bulldoze...ew-amd-fx8150-tested

(Unfortunately?) I couldn't wait for this Bulldozer to release when I built my new PC in March/April.. But never-the-less, this is interesting as this is the competition to Intel and the only opponent right now who can stir things up on the market to push development forward and lower the prices for us consumers.. Competition is a good thing if you are a buyer.. Having only one dominating force in a market is not good. So I'm hoping AMD can step up to bat with Intels pitches, let's see.. read on! :)

But mum.. Please!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Finally - Enter the Bulldozer (AMDs new CPU) 6 years 10 months ago #8750

• F19_Klunk
read the review on sweclockers and to my dissapointmet the processsor wasn't what we all were hoping for... I have been using Intel or the past.. 3 rigs.. but I was hoping for competition from the contender.. for the reasons you mentioned lacce..
ID #4
"We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because? It's obscene!"

Re: Finally - Enter the Bulldozer (AMDs new CPU) 6 years 10 months ago #8751

• F19_lacrits
Well, this first release of Bulldozer for desktop PC's is very very close to a complete failure. There are only a select few benchmarks which favor the new Bulldozers, but in most tests it is inferior to Sandy Bridge and not much ahead of it's own sibling, the Phenom x4/x6! Per clock cycle (IPC) it's behind Intel so it has to make up for that in speed (Hz).. at the cost of higher power consumption..
This is not good.. not good at all!!! :pinch:
I hope AMD has something better to come up with soon in the way of competitive desktop CPUs. Even the most die-hard Intel fanboyz should be crying and feeling as miserable as the AMD fanboyz about this release from AMD.. A healthy market has at least two competitors pushing each other to new heights of ingenuity, performance and cost effectiveness..

But mum.. Please!
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by F19_lacrits.

Re: Finally - Enter the Bulldozer (AMDs new CPU) 6 years 10 months ago #8753

• F16_Ramrod
Talk about anti climax reading the SweClockers review....

How can a big and somewhat successful company as AMD release something with this kind of performance, or lack of I would say. It doesnt make sense.

This is not good for us as end customers. I was hoping for price war in the 2000-3000 kr segment. But it seems like Intel can do "a Reinfelt" - relax and enjoy while your biggest opponent is making an ass out of himself...
SIBA-Fabian och jag har samma sticka.
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by F16_Ramrod.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds