TOPIC: Extension mod for Warthog

Extension mod for Warthog 1 year 3 months ago #10499

• F16_Petter
Okay so I have done some thinking and I think the main issue I have when aiming etc. is that my stick is way to sensitive.

I know that you can set deadzones, but adding a deadzone only makes things worse in reality.
Is there any know mods you can add on to the warthog that makes the stick longer? Like add a 10-15 cm control arm on the base and then installing the handle on to it? That would mean I had to do a larger control input to make the stick move in the base.

A second way to counter this, would perhaps be if there is a way to replace the springs or sensors inside the base, or a combination of both.

Is there any mod available to the warthog like there once was to the Cougar?

And, I am thinking about buying the crossfire pedals... Anyone else interested?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Extension mod for Warthog 1 year 3 months ago #10501

• F19_Klunk
I don't have a Warthog, but as I do have a x55 here is my thoughts about springs.

In the x55 you get 4 different springs, all different lenghts. The shorter springs gives a very easy flimsy sensation when using in compariso to the longer spring which gives you a tougher resistance..

Now, beeing a big felow with lots of hand/wrist strength ;) I started out with the longer springs... but... I have changed it to the shortest one..
Why?
The more resistance u have on a spring, the tougher it is to make small adjustments in the absolute center of the JS... its in the center movement that u want to be able to make mikroadjustment... so... even though u want it to center easily, u dont want to apply much strength to move it in any direction.

I agree with u about dead zone. It ruins everything

I seem to recall that there is a spring in the WH as well and that some user tape together the first two or three "twirls" of the spring in order to make it shorter. Some ever cut it shorter but then u cannot redo it.

Just my 2 cents
ID #4
"We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because? It's obscene!"

Extension mod for Warthog 1 year 3 months ago #10502

• F19_Klunk
Honestly, the more i think about how x65 works, the more it makes sense to me
ID #4
"We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because? It's obscene!"

Extension mod for Warthog 1 year 3 months ago #10503

• F19_Klunk
ID #4
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds