- Written by SvAF_Admin
TAW has started up for the next iteration.
SvAF has been registered as an AXIS Squadron.
GTo apply, register a pilot here and let an administrator of the Squad assign you (preferebly on TS or in the shoutbox to the right)h
News for this season:
- New artillery objective. When enemy tank convoy, with more than 10 tanks, is near the city then artillery is placed to support tanks attack. To prevent from capturing the city destroy artillery and tanks as well.
- New supply warehouse objective is placed on the map once every 4-5 real days (about 50 missions). If not destroyed then it increase global limits for planes, tanks and trucks by 80, 150 and 240 respectively. Supply warehouse consist of several different hangars and other buildings. You must destroy as many hangars as possible.
- If depot is destroyed completely then it’s not available for several missions (about 15). After that time it is rebuild but only by 50%, so I will be much easier to destroy it next time. It’s recommended to constantly attacking enemy depot because if not attacked then it’s rebuild by a small amount. Depot has influence on tanks/supply convoy strength, defense position strength and availability of some payloads on the airfields.
- New defense position layout. As before tanks, anti-tanks guns, BM-13 and armored trucks, dugouts should be destroyed. There are many dugouts now but only those witch are connected by passages should be destroyed. The main strength of defense position are tanks/anti-tank guns (50%), then BM-13/armored trucks (25%) and connected dugouts (25%)
- After capturing enemy city new defense position depends on number of trucks and also number of tanks now.
- Hidden troops are placed on its side of territory. Front line takes into account position of this troops.
- It’s not possible to land on closed airfield.
- Drop zone for paratroops is visible only for Axis side.
- Destroyed bridge doesn’t inform about nearby enemy planes.
- Ju-52 doesn’t need 100% fuel to fly transport mission.
- Planes with quantity below 0 will not be replenish automatically by CM+1 anymore.
- Disconnection – if plane was damaged and there was disconnection before 5min from last damage then it’s count as before as DISCO. If disconnection was after 5min then it’s not counted as DISCO but plane is lost.
- New medals graphic and awards for total flight time on different type of planes.
- New plane set(click on pic)
- * ShVAK is not available for the I-16 type 24 on the first map #1
- * VYa23 is not available for the IL-2 AM-38 '41 on the first map #1
- * M82F engine is not available for the La-5 on the map #5
- * Mk103 is not available for the Hs-129 on the maps #5 and #6
- * Sh37 is limited for the IL-2 AM-38 ’42. Limitation depends on depot destruction.
- * SC1000 is limited for the He 111 H-6. It’s not available on frontline airfields and limitation depends on depot destruction.
- Written by SvAF_Admin
News from the team:
We were closely monitoring the forums for the last two days and corrected several issues that could be fixed quickly. The hotfix 2.012 brings the following changes:
- Course corrections in the bomb sight mode became more precise;
- Wind speed will no longer suddenly decrease or increase while approaching the airfileds in the mountains;
- Adjustable stabilizer buttons control delay minimized;
- Mouse controls are now compatible with the level autopilot and course correction commands, even in the bomb sight mode;
- Flag capture messages were corrected;
- Complex Trigger takes into account paratroopers properly now;
- Marker colors were corrected in track replays;
- Kuban map boundary limits now work correctly;
- 'End of the world' on the Kuban map has been removed;
- QMB on the Kuban map won't generate buildings too far from the starting point, decreasing the mission load time;
- 7000 tons cargo ship has been added to the game;
- 14000 tons armed tanker has been added to the game.
- Written by SvAF_Admin
Dear pilots, today is a real milestone for the project - we just released the 2.012 update, one of the biggest ones ever. We already told you in Dev Blogs what it will bring, but here's the quick overview.
- New Hs 129 B-2 Collector Plane with many unique features and very varied weaponry.
- Kuban map available in three seasons (Spring, Summer and Autumn). 120 thousands of square kilometers large (400 x 300 km), the biggest map in the new generation of IL-2 to date. Please note that the work on improving the AI is underway and it is not very proficient in mountain flying, we will work on it this Autumn. The map is huge, so we'll be fixing the issues that may be found in Early Access.
- Updated FM for all aircraft. The total list of FM changes is very long, you can check it out below.
- Together with the Kuban map, we're releasing many AI controlled ships: G-5, G-5 project 213 and S-38 torpedo boats, Type A landing barge, Type Щ (Shch) series X and Type IIB submarines, Soviet Type 7 destroyer.
- Completely new shadow tech that allowed us to increase the shadows resolution in the cockpit, render outside shadows several times further, show the own plane shadow on the ground and make tree shadows more realistic.
- Henschel Hs 129 B-2 Collectors Plane is added to the project and all Battle of Kuban owners can fly it now;
- All three seasons of the Kuban map (Spring, Summer and Autumn) are added to the project and any owner of the sim can fly over them in multiplayer while Battle of Kuban owners can access them in any game mode;
- The new shadows technology CSM was added to the game;
- The new shadow quality option in the game graphics settings governs the shadows resolution, their visibility distance and which objects can cast shadows;
- Thanks to the new shadow tech CSM, shadows in the cockpit became sharper at high quality settings;
- Thanks to the new shadow tech CSM, all the cockpit objects cast shadows instead of just the canopy elements;
- Thanks to the new shadow tech CSM, the aircraft shadow on the ground is visible from inside the cockpit at high quality settings;
- Thanks to the new shadow tech CSM, object shadows are visible at twice distance as before at high quality settings;
- Thanks to the new shadow tech CSM, trees now cast correct shadows on all objects;
- The aerodynamics modeling of the aircraft tail became more detailed, resulting in MANY improvements and changes (the full list is available here under "spoiler"):
- Armored glass improved visually on all aircraft;
- The effect of the wind on the bullets and other projectiles flight trajectory was corrected;
- Ju 87 D-3 official skins were updated by the community enthusiast I./ZG1_Panzerbar (more details added);
- Bf 109 F-4 official skins were updated by the community enthusiast III/JG2_Gustav05 (more details added);
- Fw 190 A-5 main (default) camo was updated by the community enthusiast I./ZG1_Panzerbar;
- Morning and evening fog was improved visually;
- 'Blazing Steppe' campaign is now officially available in Spanish language thanks to the community enthusiast E69_Cananas who made the translation;
- The Russian localization of the 'Blazing Steppe' campaign was corrected thanks to the community enthusiast MicroShket who proofread the text;
- The AI gunners accuracy of the secondary German bomber groups in the 'Blazing Steppe' campaign increased significantly;
- Formation flying of the most aircraft in the 'Blazing Steppe' campaign improved significantly;
- Difficulty level of the 7th and 14th 'Blazing Steppe' campaign missions decreased somewhat;
- Subtitle displaying and Ju 88s dropping bombs was corrected in the 15th mission of the 'Blazing Steppe' campaign.
- Soviet torpedo boat G-5. It's low weight of 17 tons and two aircraft engines allow it to go as fast as 100 km/h (55 knots). It is armed with two 12.7 mm DShK machine guns and two 53-38 torpedoes.
- Soviet rocket boat G-5 project 213. On this model, torpedoes were replaced by MRLS that fired 24 M-8M 82 mm rockets.
- German torpedo boat Schnellboot S-38. Weighing up to 100 tons and going up to 50 knots fast, it was armed with two 20 mm MGC 30 and Flak 30 guns and two torpedo tubes with up to six 533 mmm G7a torpedoes (one in each tube and four on the deck).
- German landing barge Marinefährprahm Typ A (240 tons weight, armed with 88 mm SKC 35 gun and 20 mm MGC 30 gun.
- Soviet submarine Shch-10 (type Shchuka, 'Shchuka' meaning pike). Surface displacement 578 tons, armed with two 45 mm 21-K guns, 4 bow and 2 stern torpedo tubes with 10 533 mm torpedoes.
- Small German submarine U-Boot-Klasse IIB. Surface displacement 279 tons, armed with 20 mm MGC 30 gun, 3 torpedo tubes with 5 533 torpedoes total.
- Soviet Type 7 destroyer (1600 tons, up to 38.5 knots speed). Armament: 4 130 mm B-13-I guns, 2 76 mm 34-K guns, 2 45 mm 21-К guns, 2 twin 12.7 mm Colt machine guns, 2 12.7 mm DShK machine guns, 2 triple 533 mm torpedo launchers 39-Yu.
- Written by SvAF_Admin
So, it's been awhile since we at SvAF republished news from the IL2 team - it's time to do it again. This time the team give us an update on the Kuban project:
Today we present you a small report on the progress of our "Battle for the Kuban" project. At the moment, work is almost completed on the improved flight models and work on the map of Kuban is also in the final stage. The Hs -29 B-2 ground attack plane will be finished in a couple of weeks. Its flight model and cockpit textures are being finalized and we will be able to present it to you soon. Work on the new shadow technology has been completed and settings for the increased quality has been added to the GUI. We’ve added an even sharper setting recently that allows the shadows in the cockpit to become even more detailed than what we showed you earlier. Also, the distance of the shadows in the landscape has been increased to twice as far. Thus, in total, depending on the field of view of the camera, the range of shadow rendering at the highest setting will exceed the existing one by several times. Of course, this setting is quite demanding on PCs, however, on top-end video cards, the FPS continues to be quite high with the maximized settings. For less powerful video cards there will be 4 more levels to adjust the quality of shadows. You can to choose the balance of image quality and performance that’s best for you.
We have also undertaken a very serious and effective effort to improve the visualization of the sea in all ranges - near, middle and far.
Work on the new "Career" mode is also in full swing. At the moment, the programming portion is 90% complete and the work on filling this new game mode of content has started. We expect that during the continued process of this work we will be able to create an interesting and fun Career mode for you with some other small technical improvements included.
As the saying goes - A picture is worth a thousand words! So here is a small in-flight video over the Gelendzhik bay in which you can see some features of the Kuban map such as the improved sea visualization, new shadows in the cockpit and some others: