- Written by SvAF_Admin
- Moscow region maps (Autumn and Winter seasons) are now available to Battle of Moscow owners in all game modes;
- German bomber Ju 88 A-4 is now available to Battle of Moscow owners;
- Open Beta of the Moscow campaign is now available to Battle of Moscow owners;
- The sim is 64-bit application now, which increases its stability at heavy loads and improves physical engine performance by 10-20%;
- 10 official skins added for each of 10 Battle of Moscow planes. They can be unlocked by progressing in the campaign;
- Aircraft specifications added containing flight characteristics and other useful information for every playable plane in the game (you can view them of full-screen map during flight, in the briefing and in player profile);
- Modification characteristics added to their tooltips (how much mass and velocity you lose or gain by adding them to your aircraft);
- Morning and evening fog added to all maps (in half of the weather sets, the ones that have non-even numbers);
- A rare problem that caused the plane to be invisible in multiplayer fixed;
- A rare problem that caused the bombs or turrets to float next to their aircraft fixed;
- You can turn the bomb sight left and right in View mode;
- Bomb sight mode won't reset after leaving and re-enabling it anymore;
- Back view angle increased for Pe-2 bomb sight in View mode;
- Bomb sight view won't 'wave' while passing the zero mark;
- Tracer rounds removed from ShVAK autocannons for Battle of Moscow timeframe planes because they were produced later in 1942;
- Fw 190 A-3 aerodynamic characteristics corrected to meet the now available data (in short, its fineness ratio was reduced a little while its climb rate at high altitudes increased somewhat);
- RPM limiter (helper) on MiG-3 won't wrongly set the throttle to low values at low air temperature anymore;
- Bf 109 E-7, He 111 H-6, ĐĐ”-2 ser.35 and ser.87 damage models corrected (wrong parts were flying off when damaged);
- Additional armor plates and armored windshield mass is correctly added to Bf 109 E-7;
- MG FF mass is correctly added to He 111 H-6;
- Air drag caused by MC.202 bombs corrected (decreased);
- Air drag caused by Bf 110 E-2 bomb holder corrected (increased);
- MC.202 series VIII flaps are now forced back by air stream at high speeds, which should prevent their damage;
- Flaps release kinematic link calculations corrected on Yak-1, both IL-2 variants and MiG-3 (they are more stable when fully retracted);
- He 111 H-6 elevator trimmer handle now stops at the same time when techno chat shows 100%;
- He 111 H-6 elevator trimmer handle animation corrected (it was inverted);
- A turret won't be left in the air after aircraft explosion in multiplayer (a rare issue);
- Turret machine gun won't 'wobble' in extreme positions;
- Turret gunners correctly spend the remaining 150 rounds;
- Wingmen correclty drop bombs after wing leader in 'do like me' mode;
- AI now is able to takeoff during strong crosswind on LaGG-3 and Yak-1;
- Thanks to submitted crash dumps, several issues were found and fixed. The work on stability improvements continues;
- Modification locks in multiplayer work correctly in a case of wrong lock configuration;
- When only a certain skin is allowed in multiplayer, default one will be available as well;
- Modifications correctly lock and unlock while changing selected mission type in the campaign;
- Fast clicking on modification buttons won't hang the GUI anymore;
- GUI recalculates modifications and weapon sets faster (for example for IL-2 which have lots of them);
- Anomalous slowdown when flying a plane with bomb sight and increasing time scale fixed;
- A tank turret won't magically 'heal' damage when a guest gunner takes control;
- Pz III main gun rate of fire increased;
- Earned modifications and skins can be correctly selected in Offline mode of the game;
- Visual damage improved for MiG-3;
- Special objects were added for scenario creators, including airfield taxi and landing signs;
- Mission designers can remove object markers from any objects by giving them NOICON name.
- Written by SvAF_Admin
So, yesterday 1.104 was released as planned and what a great update it is. Klunk and von_Afton had a spin together online and had a blast.
Below is the actual news item frĂ„n the developer's team, and a few user's screens found on the forum just to let you guys get a "feel" for the update. The update comes quite fittingly together with the 2015 Fall Sale.
Today we reach a major milestone in IL-2 Sturmovik project and we sincerely hope you'll enjoy the new stuff.
First of all, we added the long awaited summer and autumn seasons along with the new campaign that covers early stages of Stalingrad battle from last days of flaming August to the middle of November when first snowflakes started to fall on the ruins of the city. In the new campaign we've tried to implement some of your requests and it contains static scenarios in addition to regular dynamically generated ones. Each one of them is a short story of a Russian or German pilot, a small episode of the world war.
Second, a new plane appeared in the 'already released' list of Battle of Moscow aircraft - Bf 109 E-7. Now all customers of Battle of Moscow can fly it while those who have only Battle of Stalingrad can choose it as an enemy, as well as all other BoM planes.
Third, today is a happy day for those who pre-purchased standard edition of Battle of Moscow - now they can jump into pilot seats of I-16 type 24 and Bf 109 E-7 (only the owners of Premium version of Battle of Moscow could fly them earlier). MC.202 and P-40 E-1 planes are still exclusive to Battle of Moscow Premium version, they will be available for separate purchase later.
- Written by SvAF_Admin
Fall Sale starts today. You can add additional planes you always wanted to fly - La-5 and Fw 190 A3 - Â to your account at half the normal cost. If your friends are interested in the genre but don't have the game yet, please let them know - both the Standard and Premium editions of Battle of Stalingrad benefit from the same discount. Or maybe you'd like to make a gift? It would be a great opportunity to enter IL-2 Sturmovik project since update 1.104 with summer and autumn seasons and the new campaign set during early stage of Stalingrad battle will be released this week.
The discount will be active until 8AM GMT November 3rd both in our online store and Steam. Please note that these two options are not interchangeable - if you bought the standard edition of the game on our website, please purchase the additional planes there. If you bought the standard edition on Steam, additional purchases should be made on Steam as well.
- Written by SvAF_Admin
So good news! Last Friday we got news that release 1.104 is coming this week... maybe even today (Tuesday)? Besides what we know about summer maps, we also get an interesting clip that visualize the new ground contact modeling.... no more taking off straight ahead.. need to use runway.. woho!
We're glad to tell you that our work on update 1.104 is nearly finished. Completing the beta stage, today we begin the testing of release candidate version. We plan to publish it in the middle of the next week and hope that nothing will hamper these plans.
Today we'll show you a couple of new screenshots of the new Stalingrad campaign set during Summer and Autumn of 1942. And there is additional video showing new level of ground contact modeling between wheels of an aircraft and different terrain types